Holistic Thyroid Cancer Treatment
What is the thyroid?
Over the past three decades, thyroid cancer has been increasing with a number of 586,202 (3.0%) new cases globally based on the American Cancer Society’s recent report.
Furthermore, with a worldwide surge of 6.2% of diagnoses per year—thyroid cancer is now considered the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in women, especially to those younger than 25 years.
However, the obviously lesser count of 43,646 (0.4%) number of deaths worldwide shows that, unlike other cancers, thyroid cancer cases have a greater rate of survival.
Thyroid cancer starts when cancer cells invade the cell lining of the thyroid gland (located at the base of the neck just below the adam’s apple).
Types of Thyroid Cancer
- Differentiated (papillary, follicular, and hurthle cell) is the most common type of thyroid cancer whereby papillary cancer accounts for 8 out of 10 cases, follicular cancer accounts for 1 out of 10 cases, and hurthle cell thyroid cancer accounts for 3% of all cases.
- Medullary or MTC accounts for 4% of all cases and is more difficult to find and treat.
- Anaplastic carcinoma (undifferentiated) is the aggressive and rare type, making up about 2% of all cases.
Typically, early-stage thyroid cancer does not show any signs or symptoms. However, as cancer grows—it exhibits symptoms such as:
- Unexplainable pain in the neck and throat
- Sudden change in the voice (increasing hoarseness)
- Prominent lump (thyroid nodule) felt through the neck skin
- Difficulty when swallowing
- Swollen lymph nodes (in the neck)
Due to the rapid increase of cancer diagnosis credited to the new-highly sensitive way to diagnose thyroid cancer—most thyroid cancers are found earlier than in the past.
Therefore, if you experience any symptoms or signs—immediately visit a doctor to allow for early detection.
Schedule A Consultation For Integrative Thyroid Cancer Treatment
Call (949) 581-HOPE (4673), email us at email@example.com , or chat with us live to schedule your appointment. We are here to answer any questions and to help you schedule a personal consultation with an Integrative Cancer Specialist.