Nutritional Consultations for Cancer Treatment
The Role of Food In Cancer Treatment
Your Personal Cancer Nutrition Consultation
What you won’t find in your recommendations are fatty meats and the typical “junk foods” made with refined carbohydrates, oils, and synthetic additives. If this is a new style of eating for you, you may be surprised to learn how delicious it can be!
Our hope is that you will take this style of eating home with you so that you can protect not only your own health but that of your family as well.
All meals are planned and prepared by our certified nutritionist Liliana Partida, who will teach you about healing foods and develop a personalized diet that will position your body for healing.
The Healing Lifestyle Plan
The majority of cancer is caused by what we eat and drink. The evidence is irrefutable. Most people have an acidic body as a result of toxicity and primarily what they put in their mouths. They eat acidic foods and as a result, our inner terrain is disturbed so that every kind of disease that carries the fungus, virus, and parasite can survive.
All cancer patients are acidic, which means they have pH readings in the 4s and 5s, and a result also because of this acidity is that they have low blood oxygen levels that coexist with the diagnosis of cancer. Remember cancer hates and cannot live in an alkaline environment and expires when confronted with oxygen, so we must oxygenate and alkalinize our body.
So how do we do this?
Cancer Center For Healing’s Certified Nutritionist, Liliana Partida, has developed a “Healing Lifestyle Plan” on how to eat healthily and restore your body to an alkalinized environment. Please call (949) 581-4673 to schedule an appointment with Liliana.
Tips to Alkalinize Our Body
- Throw away the microwave.
- t kills the enzymes in food.
Eat 50% of food raw (if possible). This includes juicing. The best greens to juice would be kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley, and cilantro.
- See that 20-30% of your calories are proteins, 30-65% fats and 8- 20% are unrefined carbohydrates.
- Throw away aluminum cookware and other coated cookware and cook exclusively in glass, ceramic, or stainless steel.
- Eat certified organic grown produce. Obtain good fresh produce in season and freeze for later use.
- Do not wash foods and vegetables in chlorinated water.
- No black pepper. It is one of the most acidic foods in the planet.
- No table salt or iodized salt. Use Himalayan or sea salt.
- Use only extra ·virgin olive oil or coconut oil. Don’t use those oils for deep frying as fatty acids break down at high temperatures.
- Avoid rancid seeds, nuts, grains, and foods cooked in rancid fats as they contain carcinogens.
- No commercial salad dressings, only use olive oil, coconut oil, nut oil, oregano oil, lemons, lime, and apple cider vinegar. The company Braggs makes wonderful organic salad dressings and has the premier organic cider vinegar.
- Eat virtually nothing that comes in packages, boxes, or cans in the local supermarket (eat fresh foods).
- Eat no meat or very little if you absolutely must to survive.
- For meat choose fresh wild salmon, free-range chicken, or turkey, and the wild game may also be used in small amounts.
- No milk or milk products, cheese, yogurt except organic low-fat cottage cheese as used in the Budwig protocol.
- No margarine.
- No coffee or alcohol.
- Eat organic eggs only.
- No artificial sweeteners at all except Stevia.
- Drink spring water and natural unsweetened juices in place of other beverages.
- Use a juicer.
- Drink only herb teas.
- Absolutely no soda pop, sports drinks, vitamin or mineral waters, all very acidic.
- No refined flours or bread with yeast (fungus). Eat whole grains. Make your own bakery products. Buy a flour mill and make your own flour.
- Eat no white potatoes or white rice
- No peanuts, cashews, or com because of molds and fungus and possible source of aflatoxin.
- No fruits except for lemons, limes, or avocados, eat lots of these. Other fruits have sugar in them and will feed your cancer.
- NO SUGAR OF ANY KIND.
- No soy products.
- Shop in a health food store and wisely in a supermarket. Be a label detective.
While you think that there is no food to eat, but actually there is lots of food you can eat. Lots of vegetables are alkaline and full of nutrients that we all need to support and build up our immune system. Great options for vegetables are spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprout, cabbage, celery, red, yellow, and green peppers, kale, asparagus, green beans and peas, eggplant, yellow squash, mustard greens, collard, okra, parsley, lettuce, carrots, and watercress. Eat them raw and juice them. Try to have at least 10 ounces of juice, green juice combined with carrot juice daily. In addition don’t forget the importance of taking supplements, minimizing stress, having positive thoughts, and getting plenty of sleep, exercise, and natural light (full spectrum)!
Basic Cooking Instructions
- Cook only in stainless steel, coming- or enamel- ware or glass. Do not use aluminum.
- Use a natural sea salt sparingly and watch labels for hidden salts in foods.
- Use a variety of herbs and spices in cooking – thyme, rosemary, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc. for food interest and for stimulating the appetite and the gastric juices.
- The use of apple cider vinegar aids in maintaining good gastric acidity.
The Importance of an Alkaline Diet
The internal environment of our bodies is maintained at a pH of just about 7.00. This means our internal environment is alkaline. Maintenance of this state is a dynamic, not static process mediated moment to moment by numerous reactions that produce acid products. Our internal chemical equilibrium is primarily controlled by our lungs, kidneys, intestines, and skin. For necessary reactions and functions to occur, our body must maintain a proper pH adjustment. The body needs oxygen, water, and acid-buffering minerals to accomplish the pH buffering, while also briskly eliminating waste products.
When an alkaline environment is maintained in the body, metabolic, enzymatic, immunologic, and repair mechanisms function at their best. The acid-forming metabolics of stress and inflammation and of high fat and high protein foods are adequately and effectively neutralized only when sufficient mineral-buffering reserves are present. Mineral-buffering reserves are the gift that alkaline-forming foods give to our bodies. A diet that is predominantly alkaline-forming is essential to the maintenance of sustained health.
Most vegetables and fruits contain higher proportions of alkaline-forming elements than other foods. These foods promote a more alkaline environment in the body. For example, commercial corn, barley, soybeans, and legumes are acid-forming. This may reflect breeding selection in the last fifty years that favored higher carbohydrate and fat content. Traditional organically or biodynamically grown forms of these grains and grasses may well be much less acid-forming. Surprisingly, despite their pronounced acid flavor, citrus fruit and rhubarb form alkaline residues. This is because their distinctive organic acids like citric, succinic, fumaric, and malic (Krebs’ DCA or dicarboxylic acid) metabolize to water and alkalinizing bicarbonate while producing energy (ATP) inside the cell.
(Reference: JaffeR. and Donovan P. Your Health: A ProfessionalÂ User’s Guide. Sterling, VA: Health Studies Collegium, 1993.)
Movement is key to increasing oxygenation to your cells as well as eliminate toxins. A physical therapist will come in weekly to conduct group sessions where she will teach you breathing techniques and exercises that you can do anywhere. You will also enjoy sessions of vertical whole body vibration therapy, and more specifically, the TurboSonic. The TurboSonic takes ten minutes of your time and can improve your health, strength, endurance, muscle tone, stability, flexibility, and mental outlook without the constraints of conventional exercise. TurboSonic® patented technology accelerates the body’s natural healing response, increases cellular oxygen circulation, enhances cellular nutrient uptake, stimulates cellular fluid movement and facilitates cellular waste removal.
Call (949) 581-HOPE (4673), email us at [email protected] , or chat with us live to schedule your appointment. We are here to answer any questions and to help you schedule a personal consultation with an Integrative Cancer Specialist.