Dendritic Cell Therapy for Cancer in Irvine, California
What is Dendritic Cell?
It is an antigen-presenting cell (APC) in the Immune System. They are special key regulators of the Immune system capable of activating the T-Cells and stimulating the growth and differentiation (mature and change to fit into function needed) of B-Cells. The role of Dendritic Cells is to recognize, process, and present the foreign antigens to the T-cells.
When Dendritic cells are augmented (multiplied) their function is to activate the T-cells and B-cells to attack the imprinted cancer proteins.
Individualized Dendritic vaccine created by isolating the cancer cells to identify the most frequently expressed protein (epitope) on the surface of the cancer cells. This cancer protein is then imprinted onto the dendritic cells. The dendritic cell population is then augmented (increase in numbers) in the vaccine.
Goal of Dendritic Vaccines for Cancer
To educate T and B cells to identify the body’s own cancer cells to mark them for destruction. If the vaccine “takes” it will give long-term immunity to your cancer cells. Vaccines can even be made in the future
Protocol for Dendritic Cell Therapy
- Before we start on the Dendritic Cell Therapy, we need a blood test called the Immune-Frame. This blood test checks to see if the T-Cells (CD86) and B Cells (CD80) are within an acceptable range and the patient is a candidate. Takes 10-12 days for results to come back
CD80 is the protein molecule found on dendritic cells that activates B-Cells
CD86 is the protein molecule found on dendritic cells that provides the initial co-stimulatory signal that activates T-Cells
CD80 and CD86 work together to form the best T-Cells to fight any foreign invasion.
- Appointment for a consult with physician mandatory to go over results of Immune-Frame and immune system enhancement supplements provide if not within guidelines
- The dendritic vaccine is created with freshly drawn blood (if a patient is a candidate or 2 weeks immune system enhancement supplements are recommended)
Please be compliant with the Immune enhancement or immune boost program recommended by the physician. The vaccine depends on your Immune System to work synergistically.
- All blood draws to be done ONLY on MONDAY to be sent off on the same day
- Patient to be ready waiting for Dendritic vaccine to be back for administration by day 14-15th after blood draw.
- The vaccine has to be administered exactly on the 17th day a Thursday after the blood draw or the vaccine will not be viable. Please come on the exact date and time as scheduled.
It takes 4-5 hours for Vaccine infusion to be done.
- Immune Frame (IF) at 3 weeks to look for CD80 and CD86 increase to 30%. If CD80 and CD86 have a 30% or more increase, then the vaccine is “taken” by the immune system.
- If CD80 and CD86 count is less than 30% at 3 weeks, then (2) the second dose of DC vaccine is required.
Usually, 1 dose should work for approximately 50% of those who meet the guidelines. Another 20% will need a 2nd dose
- If 2nd dose is required, the vaccine has to be ordered immediately and protocol remains the same
- If the 3 weeks Immune-Frame blood draw results have a 30% increase in CD80 and CD86, then we will wait for 12 weeks for another Immune-Frame blood draw to confirm CD28 which are Memory cells to be checked as these cells are “Librarians” to provide permanent education to continue for long-term immunity.
- Every six months patients are required to have their Immune-Frame blood test done to check if there are any mutations, vaccines can be processed for mutated cancers as well from the patient’s own blood.
Types of cancers that do not work with IST (Immune System Therapy) – DC vaccine
Anaplastic cancers with poor cellular differentiation losing morphological characteristics of mature cells and their orientation with respect to each other and to endothelial cells will not work.
CNS cancers have to be biopsied in order to create IST (Immune System Therapy) and it becomes less of a chance it will work as well as it does with other cancers.
Parameters of application to increase likely success:
- Curcumin = Laboratory studies suggest that curcumin acts as a weak phytoestrogen and seems to have cancer-protective effects.
- Vitamin A = fat-soluble powerful anti-oxidant
- Resveratrol = a group of polyphenols that act like an antioxidant that protects the body from further damage
- Vitamin D3 = Vitamin D has been found to have several activities that might slow or prevent the development of cancer, including promoting cellular differentiation (changes), decreasing cancer cell growth, stimulating cell death (apoptosis), and reducing tumor blood vessel formation
- Paw Paw = is a fruit tree, the extracts from the twigs “starve” the cancer cells, reduce blood vessels to cancer cells